Education for the psychotherapeutic counselor of children and young people is based on the development approach for children and young people, incorporating the humanistic and integrative approach / Gestalt, TA, IA /, and Self psychology, intrasubjective theories and theories of relations as you can more successfully do counseling work with children and young people.
Given the specificity of children and adolescents, education is based on an understanding of needs and development phases for children and young people, in order to adapt the selection of counseling methods and techniques, depending on the stage of development and child’s problems as well as the relationship with the environment. The attitude of the child – the counselor is an important part of the “treatment” process, so education is based on understanding the dynamics of relationships, including the nature of transfers – counter-transfers.
The difference between psychotherapy and counseling is that the counseling process usually takes a shorter time and is focused on problem solving, while psychotherapy is generally more lengthy and focuses on addressing the causes of dysfunctional behavior or thinking toward deeper changes.
The education lasts for 2 years, and upon completion of the education and passing of the exam candidates will receive a European license for competence of being a child and adolescent psychotherapy advisor / advisor.
- Education for psychotherapy counselors of 2 years, 10 modules per year, and 2 additional practical modules for 3 days.
- In each year, an intensive weekend of 5 days (Summer School)
Who is it for?
The education is intended for those who work with children / young people like teachers, nurses, social workers, professional associates of schools and kindergartens, psychologists, social pedagogues, speech therapists. Education provides an excellent base for everyone working daily with children and young people either within state-owned companies or within the private sector.
In order to get involved in education, it is necessary to send a written request, to pass an interview with the education leader and to become a member of BHIDAPA.
Mode of implementation
- It will be held one week a month, from Friday to Sunday, and once a year for five days, except when the lecturers are foreigners, then the duration and time of education are modified according to the lecturer
- The program is held in Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian and English
- Several (2-3) modules are run by experts from abroad annually
- Education is carried out in conjunction with and adhering to the standards of EIATSCYP, EUROCPS and EAP.
What does education include?
The education program includes:
- Theoretical part and research work
- Supervision of clinical practice
- Development of skills
- Personal / Personal Development
Organizational each module includes:
- Group process
- Theory and research
- Practical work in small groups
- Practical work in a large group
Education groups are closed type with a constant number of students. Students in BHIDAPA and Institute D.O.M. can participate in the open module. of all education groups.
If the module is run by an expert from abroad, then the open-source modules can be accessed by all interested non-attendees, with the same fee.
Duration and structure of education (2 years)
- Theory and Research (440 hours)
- Clinical practice (200 hours)
- Supervision (108 hours)
- Personal / Personal Therapy (120 hours)
Thus, the minimum number of hours for 2-year education is 868 hours. Other hours are calculated through written work, case reports and research work.
The education program follows European standards, and accordingly, changes in hours can occur.
Evaluation of acquired knowledge and skills is a continuous part of education through self-assessment, feedback of the leader through essays, exams, case studies, demonstrations of work.
Paying personal / personal therapy and supervision is separate from the amount for the educational year. It is necessary to keep a diary from the beginning of therapy / supervision.
Students must be supervised by a qualified supervisor appointed by the Education Manager More. The participants are expected to have a minimum of 54 hours of group supervision each year at the end of one education year in order to achieve the total number of hours of supervision after completing the 108-hour education. Group supervision usually consists of 2 to 4 participants.
Personal / personal therapy
All educators must have their own personal / personal therapy from the beginning of the education to the end. Minimum hours of personal / personal therapy is 50 hours a year, in order to have a total of 120 hours of personal / personal therapy before completing the education. The choice of a psychotherapist is a personal, Humanistic Integrative Orientation, and is approved by BHIDAPA México. Paying personal / personal therapy is separate from the amount for the educational year. It is necessary to keep a diary from the beginning of the therapy.
Acquiring knowledge and skills
Assessment of acquired knowledge and skills is a continuous part of education through self-assessment, feedback of the leader through an essay, case study, demonstration of work.
Educators in order to be able to obtain a degree need to satisfy all the conditions prescribed by education:
- Listened (replaced if missed) all modules
- Satisfied prescribed number of hours of personal / own psychotherapy
- Satisfied the prescribed number of supervision
- All the essays delivered
- All personal / personal development profiles delivered
By successfully passing the exam and fulfilling all obligations related to education and BHIDAPA educators are able to register as a Counselor for Children and Youth and receive a European Certificate by EIATSCYP (European Interdisciplinary Association for Therapeutic Services for Children and Youth).
Starting an education program
The first cycle of education plans to start on May 13, 2017. or 06/02/2017. With the first module on the topic “Reptures in Alliance” – Terapijska radna alijansa i rad na poremećajima alianse – Prof.dr.sc. Gregor i Mr.sc. Maša Žvelc ili “Pregled psihoterapijskih tehnika, povijest i usporedba” – Prof. dr.sc. Dubravka Kocijan-Hercigonja, neuropsihijatar i psihoterapeut.
An informative meeting for all students, whether they enroll a 4-year or 2-year education program, will be held on April 20, 2017. starting at 5pm. The meeting place is the Center for Youth Otoka (Gatacka 18), the entrance from the upper side.
Price of the educational year
The education year is 2.750KM, with the possibility of payment in three installments.
Duration, time and price can be increased extensively when the lecturers are foreigners and when the modules last longer than three days.
The price of the modules intensifies: “The Summer School of Children’s and Adolescent Integrative Psychotherapy amounts to HRK 2,000.00.” It is paid directly to the D.O.M. Institute.
Conditions during education
- The first installment of the education year should be paid before the beginning of the first module, which should be notified to BHIDAPA.
- All participants must go through their personal / psychotherapy during their education
- All attendees working with children must have supervised work
- All participants must be members of BHIDAPA, and therefore are members of EYATSCIP (European Association for Children and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counseling for Children and Youth)
- In order for the participant to access the final exam, he must attend all the education modules
- During the course of education, the participant needs to apply his knowledge and skills acquired during his education in working with two children.
Location and dynamics of the education program
Each education year consists of 10 modules per year, and 2 additional practical modules for a duration of 3 days.
Modules will be held on weekends per month, from Friday to Sunday in Sarajevo: Youth Center Otoka or E-net Center at the Faculty of Economics (one module can be organized in Zagreb for 3 days), and once a year is organized “Summer School “for a period of five days in Krapina Spa or IUC (Inter-University Center) Dubrovnik.
In each day, 4 areas are processed: group process, theory, practical work in small groups and large group and supervision.
Students who come outside Sarajevo have a special discount on accommodation in the Youth Center where classes are held.