Under the license of the European Association for Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counseling, training in “Therapeutic Techniques and Skills” begins in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Teachers, care-takers, educators, teaching assistants, social workers are usually the first person to notice children’s difficulties. But, interfered with their own emotional issues and barriers, many of them can not fully devote themselves to the process of learning and raising every child.
This education gives you insight into your own functioning, learns how to recognize a child’s disability, how to talk to and listen to a child, how to approach each child with regard to his / her disability and his / her functioning, while being responsible for personal / own mental health.
How It's done
6-month training for educators, teachers, staff of centers for social work / care, teaching assistants
For whom is it intended?
It is intended for educators, teachers, employees of social work centers / caregivers, teaching assistants and everyone who encounters children and youth in their work.
What does education include?
Topics of the modules are:
- The importance of emotional literacy and therapeutic techniques for people working with children and young people (what do we need for successful work, what do children need from us?)
- Attachment theory
(role of attachment styles in developing later relationships, understanding oneself to work with different issues in children)
- An overview of the most common difficulties encountered in everyday school and kindergarten work – psychopathology
(universal approaches to everyday work with different children)
- Internalized disorders and working with them
(anxiety, depression, insecurity, trauma, child in divorce, loss)
- Externalized disorders and working with them
(ADHD, Behavioral Disorders, Aggression)
- Working with parents, colleagues, working on yourself, supervision
The manner of conducting education and certification
- Each Module from 2nd to 6th contains 1.5 hours of supervision
- Modules are held one weekend per month for 10 hours (Fri-Sat or Sat / Sun)
- Between modules, students must apply the knowledge they have learned and, in the next module, present their experiences at the supervisory group
- Completion of education includes a written exam, personal development profile and presentation of the learned skills on the chosen case (case report)
- Upon successful completion of the training, students receive a certificate from the BHIDAPA Institute, and from EIATSCYP (European umbrella association for child and adolescent psychotherapy) with the designation “CERTIFICATE IN THERAPEUTIC TECHNIQUES AND SKILLS”.
Educational program leader and lecturers
- The education program leader is dr. sc. Mirela Badurina, a gestalt psychotherapist and an integrative psychotherapist for children and adolescents under supervision. Director of the First Accredited Educational Program for Children and Adolescent Integrative Psychotherapy / Counseling – BHIDAPA, in the territory of BiH
- The head of education and lecturer is dr. sc. Vesna Hercigonja Novkovic, prof. Defectologist and integrative psychotherapist for children and adolescents. She is the leader of the project of conducting emotional literacy in schools and kindergartens
- Lecturer: Prof.dr.sc. Dubravka Kocijan Hercigonja, a neuropsychiatrist and an integrative psychotherapist for children and adolescents. A world-renowned expert in the field of neuropsychiatry, especially children’s psychiatry
- Lecturer: Prof.dr.sc. Gordana Buljan Flander, psychologist and integrative psychotherapist for children and adolescents. Director of the Polyclinic for the Protection of Children of the City of Zagreb. A world-renowned expert in the field of child protection
- Lecturer: Dina Koren, prof. soc.ped., integrated psychotherapist for children and adolescents under supervision. Defectologist and leader of child group therapy in the Kocijan Gercigonja Polyclinic
Duration and structure of education
60 hours / 6 weekends per 10 hours.
Beginning of the educational program
Education in therapeutic techniques and skills is planned to be re-organized soon, with the first module on “The importance of emotional literacy and therapeutic techniques for people working with children and young people”
Module lecturer: PhD Vesna Hercigonja Novkovic.
Venue: BHIDAPA Center
Price of education
The cost of complete education per person is 1.200 BAM, with the possibility of payment in 3 installments. The price may vary if there are more than 5 participants from one institution. The minimum number of participants is 15.