According to the European Association for Pediatric and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counseling, education in “Therapeutic Techniques and Skills” starts in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Teachers, care-takers, educators, teaching assistants, social workers are usually the first person to notice children’s difficulties. But, interfered with their own emotional issues and barriers, many of them can not fully devote themselves to the process of learning and raising every child.
This education gives insight into its own functioning / functioning, teaches how to recognize children’s difficulties, how to talk to and listen to the child, how to approach every child taking into account his / her difficulty and his / her functioning, while also being responsible for personal / mental health.
How It's done
6th monthly education for educators, teachers, staff of social welfare centers, teaching assistants
Who is it for?
It is intended for educators, teachers, employees of social work centers / caregivers, teaching assistants and everyone who encounters children and youth in their work.
What does education include?
Topics of the module are:
- The importance of emotional literacy and therapeutic techniques for people working with children and young people (what do we need for a successful work, which children need from us?)
- Theory of consistency (the role of styles of loyalty in developing later relationships, understanding oneself with the aim of working with different issues in children)
- Overview of the most common difficulties we encounter in everyday work in school and kindergarten – psychopathology (universal approaches in day-to-day work with different children)
- Internalized disorders and work with them (anxiety, depression, insecurity, trauma, child divorce, loss)
- Esternalized disorders and work with them (ADHD, behavioral disorders, aggression)
- Working with parents, working with colleagues, working on yourself, supervising
The way of conducting education and certification
- Each Module 2-6 contains 1.5 hours of supervision
- The modules are held one weekend per month, lasting 10 hours (five-sub or sub / ned)
- Between modules students must apply the learned knowledge and in the following module present their experiences in the supervisory group
- Completion of education implies a written exam, a personal development profile and a presentation of learned skills in the chosen case (case report)
- Upon successful completion of the training, participants receive a certificate from the BHIDAPA Institute and from EIATSCYP (European umbrella association for children and adolescent psychotherapy) with the inscription “CERTIFICATE FROM TERAPIAN TECHNIQUES AND SKILLS”.
Educational program leader and lecturers
- The education program leader is dr. sc. Mirela Badurina, a gestalt psychotherapist and an integrative psychotherapist for children and adolescents under supervision. Director of the First Accredited Educational Program for Children and Adolescent Integrative Psychotherapy / Counseling – BHIDAPA, in the territory of BiH
- The head of education and lecturer is dr. sc. Vesna Hercigonja Novkovic, prof. Defectologist and integrative psychotherapist for children and adolescents. She is the leader of the project of conducting emotional literacy in schools and kindergartens
- Lecturer: Prof.dr.sc. Dubravka Kocijan Hercigonja, a neuropsychiatrist and an integrative psychotherapist for children and adolescents. A world-renowned expert in the field of neuropsychiatry, especially children’s psychiatry
- Lecturer: Prof.dr.sc. Gordana Buljan Flander, psychologist and integrative psychotherapist for children and adolescents. Director of the Polyclinic for the Protection of Children of the City of Zagreb. A world-renowned expert in the field of child protection
- Lecturer: Dina Koren, prof. soc.ped., integrated psychotherapist for children and adolescents under supervision. Defectologist and leader of child group therapy in the Kocijan Gercigonja Polyclinic
Duration and structure of education
60 hours / 6 weekends for 10 hours.
Starting an education program
Education from therapeutic techniques and skills is planned to start on June 17, 2017. with the first module on the topic “The Importance of Emotional Literacy and Therapeutic Techniques for Persons working with Children and Youth”.
Module Manager: Dr.sc. Vesna Hercigonja Novkovic.
Place maintenance: Center for Young Otoc (Gatacka 18), entrance from the upper side.
Students who come outside Sarajevo have a special discount on accommodation in the Youth Center where classes are held.
Price of education
The total education cost per person is 1,200 KM, with the possibility of payment in 3 installments. The price applies to individuals and may vary if there are more than 5 participants from one institution. The minimum number of participants is 15.