Activities of the Interdisciplinary Therapeutic Child, Youth and Family Protection Center.
Multidisciplinary diagnostic and therapeutic work with children, young people and their families
The tasks of this Center are:
- Education and information for the purpose of conducting preventive activities aimed at strengthening health determinants, early recognition of emotional disorders and disorders in behavior, neurodevelopmental disorders and adequate interventions, which includes families, a especially young families, about the meaning and role of parents in developing a child and the importance of development safe attachments, kindergarten teachers, teachers, teachers, students and parents in schools through lectures, workshops and publications;
- Conducting detailed individual and family treatment and diagnosis of children’s difficulties young people who are being treated. This treatment is carried out multidisciplinary by psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, pediatrician, if necessary neuropediatry, social pedagogue, phonetics and social worker for all children and young people in whom there is a suspicion of abuse and neglect.
- planning the best possible treatment for each child, adolescent and parent, who will help the child at all necessary levels, with all members participating multidisciplinary team, as well as parents / guardians.
- Cooperation with institutions (school, kindergarten, CSWS, police, homes, children’s villages, etc.) with the aim of the welfare of a child.
- conducting a psychological, psychotherapeutic, counseling, psychiatric and / or defectological individual treatment, according to the needs of the child.
- organizing and conducting group work with children, young people and their parents (group therapeutic work, personal growth and development groups, socialization groups, support groups).
- Conducting partner and family psychotherapy.
- Advisory work with parents, kindergartens, schools through informative educational activities
Diagnostic and treatment work is carried out with psychotraumatized children and their parents (including abused and neglected children) and with children at risk of abuse and neglect: children with learning problems, with ADHD syndrome, with chronic illnesses,prematurely born children, children from families with impaired dynamics and risky families, children whose parents are under more intense parental or general stress, high-deficits divorce, etc., and children and young people in contact with the law;
Mental health professionals, members of the Interdisciplinary Therapeutic Center for the Preservation of Children, young people and families are educated from various therapeutic procedures, especially from the field of integrative psychotherapy for children and adolescents, and apply different approaches: integrative therapy, gestalt therapy, psychodynamic approach, cognitive-behavioral therapy, EMDR approach, and approach focused on family constellations.
Education of members and experts
This form of activity includes the permanent education of members of the Center’s multidisciplinary team for protection of children, youth and families, as well as education of experts and associates from other institutions, through:
1.Inclusion in existing education organized by BHIDAPA Education Center, and others education in the country and abroad with the aim of expanding knowledge in working with psychotraumatized children and their parents., with the special support of the Polyclinic for the Protection of Children and Youth City of Zagreb
2.Continuous improvement in the application of new methods of work with children and their parents (psychotherapy education, education for the application of psychological measuring instruments, education in group work with children and adults and new methods of work from the field of activity some team experts)
3.Participation in professional and scientific gatherings in the country and abroad
4.The training “Implementation of Forensic Evaluation”
Education of experts outside the Center
1.Education of professionals working with abused and neglected children and their families at different levels of prevention and / or treatment: psychologists, pedagogues, pediatricians, medical nurses, educators, teachers, judges, prosecutors, police officers, lawyers, defectologists, social workers
2.Education of educators in this area and their further professional development
3.Education of students in the postgraduate study, ie. cooperation with the Philosophical Faculty of the University of Sarajevo – Department of Psychology, Faculty of Political Sciences – Department for social work, cooperation with professionals from the Center for Mental Health, cooperation with the Project of Mental Health, and the Justice Project for every child
4.Education of students in postgraduate studies in the field of children and adolescents integrative psychotherapy and counseling
Scientific research activity
Within the BHIDAPA Center there is a scientific research center, whose goal is from a scientific point of view study various aspects of health determinants, and mental health problems for children and young adults, as well and the quality of the family and school environment, and regularly inform the wider about the results of their workpublicity.
As part of the research and scientific work, the members of the Center for Protection of Children, Youth and Families are implementing case studies and interventions, and scientific research in the field of mental health health and the quality of life of children and adolescents.