We continue to work diligently and responsibly!
The topic of the module “Methods of psychotherapeutic work with adolescents” was held this weekend (14.05. To 16.05. 2021) for second year students of the educational program in child and adolescent integrative psychotherapy. The educators, among other things, dealt with the following issues:
- What are the barriers to adolescent psychotherapy?
- What aspects should be kept in mind when assessing adolescent mental disorders?
- How does the adolescent experience the therapist at the beginning of individual therapy?
- What are the transfer-countertransference specifics in adolescent psychotherapy?
- Why is group psychotherapy a good therapeutic framework for adolescents?
- Importance of multidisciplinary diagnostics and treatment.
Lectures were given by Prof.dr.sc. Mirjana Graovac, psychiatrist and psychotherapist for children and adolescents, our full professor, mentor and supervisor in the program of child and adolescent integrative psychotherapy.
Professor is the founder and head of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Clinic of Psychiatry, University Hospital Center Rijeka, lecturer at the Postgraduate Study of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Medical Faculty in Zagreb.
We are grateful to our dear Professor for her selfless sharing of knowledge and experience.
Only through knowledge, education, an ethical approach and the joint action of mental health professionals, we can understand the mental disorders of adolescents and act preventively.