Professional training entitled BASIC SKILLS IN CHILDREN’S PSYCHO-SOCIAL TREATMENT AND RECOVERY PLAN within the project “Strengthening Refugee and Migrant Children’s health status in Southern and South-Eastern Europe” implemented by the BHIDAPA expert team organized by Medecins du der Monde – Doktere v Welt in collaboration with UNICEF.
The training included experts from BiH and Croatia and was aimed at strengthening and integrating personal, scientific and professional knowledge and skills of professionals in providing psychosocial support to children, adolescents and their families.
Professional education-training is in line with the Convention on the Rights of the Child and was held in the period from 18.01. to 03/02/2021 year, via the Zoom platform, for 48 hours.
Topics covered by education and training:
- The role of experts in the treatment of children and adolescents
- Development Theories and Self Theory
- Internalized and externalized difficulties in children and adolescents, risky and
- protective factors and the child’s recovery plan
- Projective techniques
- Traumatic experiences, consequences and stages of treatment
- Crisis interventions
- Transfer and countertransfer
- Gubitak i tugovanje
- Mechanisms for protecting the mental health of helpers
- Supervision and intervision
The leaders of the education / training were: dr.sc. Mirela Badurina, psychotherapist and supervisor and dipl. psychologist Sabina Zijadić-Husić, psychotherapist and supervisor
We thank MdM and associates for their trust!